The PlayStation 5 is a powerful gaming console that offers a wide range of games for players to enjoy. However, with limited storage space, it’s essential to know how to uninstall games on PS5 without losing data. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of uninstalling games on PS5 while keeping your game data intact.
Section 1: Understanding Game Data on PS5
Before we dive into the process of uninstalling games on PS5, it’s essential to understand the different types of game data stored on the console. There are two types of game data on PS5: game installation data and game save data.
Game installation data includes all the files required to run the game, such as game assets, textures, and sound effects. This data is stored on the console’s internal storage or an external hard drive.
Game save data, on the other hand, includes all your progress in the game, such as saved games, achievements, and settings. This data is stored in the cloud or on the console’s internal storage.
Section 2: Uninstalling Games on PS5
To uninstall a game on PS5, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your PS5 and go to the home screen.
2. Select the game you want to uninstall.
3. Press the Options button on your controller.
4. Select Delete.
5. Confirm that you want to delete the game by selecting Yes.
6. Wait for the game to be uninstalled.
Section 3: Keeping Game Save Data Intact
When you uninstall a game on PS5, you have the option to keep your game save data intact. To do this, follow these steps:
1. After selecting Delete, choose the option that says “Delete All.”
2. This will uninstall the game but keep your game save data intact.
3. You can reinstall the game at a later time and pick up where you left off.
Section 4: Backing Up Game Save Data
If you want to ensure that your game save data is safe, you can back it up to the cloud or an external storage device. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings on your PS5.
2. Select Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
3. Choose the game you want to back up.
4. Select Upload/Download Saved Data.
5. Choose Upload All or select specific files to upload.
6. Wait for the upload to complete.
7. Your game save data is now backed up and can be restored at any time.
Uninstalling games on PS5 is a straightforward process, but it’s essential to understand the different types of game data stored on the console. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can uninstall games on PS5 without losing your game save data. Additionally, backing up your game save data ensures that you can restore it at any time, even if you delete the game from your console.